Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Different Take on Quesadillas


I am dancing a few more nights a week than I previously did, so I'm trying to figure out ways to continue making new, delicious meals that are super quick and easy. Adam and I found this recipe for Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas in this month's Cooking Light. They were a great, different take on quesadillas, my ultimate fast food. I have to say that we didn't use corn. I thought I had some in the freezer, but when I went to prepare the meal, I found that we didn't actually have any. I can only imagine that the quesadillas would be even more fantastic with freshly roasted corn. To round out the meal a bit, we served the quesadillas with some fat-free refried beans.

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas (Cooking Light, March 2009)

1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 large ear)
2/3 cup (5 oz.) goat cheese, softened
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 1 green onion)
10 Tbs. bottled salsa verde
cooking spray

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn; saute 2 minutes or until browned. Place corn in a small bowl. Add goat cheese to corn; stir until well blended. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 tortillas; spread to within 1/4 inch of sides. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 Tbs. green onions. Drizzle each with 1 1/2 tsp. salsa; top with remaining 4 tortillas.
2. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan clean with paper towels; recoat with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cute each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve with remaining 8 Tbs. salsa.

No comments: