Friday, May 8, 2009

Strawberry Fields Forever


Once again, I am behind on my entries. Sorry, but sometimes life just gets crazy and then the moments that I have to actually blog, I just feel like sitting and relaxing. But, hey, that's life, right?

Anyway, the other week for our Wednesday night dinner I needed something super fast and super simple. We found the perfect recipe of a strawberry-avocado salsa that we generously put on top of grilled basa fish and tofu. We accompanied this with a grilled romaine salad topped with toasted almonds, dried cranberries, and balsamic vinegar and some fresh sourdough bread. It was a perfectly summery meal that was made in mere minutes.


Strawberry-Avocado Salsa (Cooking Light, May 2009)

This salsa was wonderful over the grilled fish and tofu, but the magazine also suggests serving it over roast chicken or grilled pork tenderloin.

1 cup finely chopped strawberries
1/4 cup finely chopped peeled avocado
2 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp. grated lime rind
2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
1/4 tsp. sugar

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That salsa sounds good. I think I make it for dinner tomorrow.