Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pizza Pocket (aka Calzone)


Adam loves calzones. So, whenever I want to make a simple meal that I know he'll love, I go right for them. Calzones are great because there is a never-ending list of stuffers. I made the dough with the usual recipe (you can find it in any number of my previous posts), but you could certainly use a pre-made dough, such as the one Trader Joe sells. This time the dough was half whole wheat to make them a little healthier. I filled the lucious pockets with slightly steamed broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. After folding them over and tightly sealing them, I topped them with cooking spray and a bit of Garlic and Wine seasoning from the Melting Pot. Garlic salt would be a great substitute. I baked them at 450 for 15 minutes until they were golden brown. I served them with tomato sauce for dunking. Next, Adam and I devoured them!

No comments: